Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Moving Right Along

Things are going great. It's 2013 and we are healthier then we have been in the 12 years we have been together.

Bruce has lost a whopping 155 lbs.


July 2011

Febuary 2012 When the journey began
August 2012 The first 80lbs.
January 2013... 155lbs.









I couldn't be prouder of him. He has worked so hard and he just keeps going. There is a light at the end of the tunnel now. He is on his last 50lbs.

We are leaving for Miami on January 29th so we are doing the TLS Find Your Fit Fat Shredder. We can lose up to 14lbs. in 2 weeks. Very excited about this. I actually am working out. The TLS Find Your Fit Fat Shredder has a 10 min. power workout. Today was my first day and it took me about 20 minutes, but I did it! Anybody who knows me gets it :) I hate to sweat! But I also don't like being out of shape, so that wins. If you are interested in the Fat Shredder, just drop me an email and I will get you the info.

Well I needed to make something for lunch and it was midnight......... I got out a 1lb package of ground turkey and browned and drained it. Looked in the pantry and got a can of black beans (here we go with the bean again :) and a can of tomatoes with green chilies. Now I'm thinking Taco salad.
I rinsed the beans and added them to the browned ground turkey along with the can of tomatoes.

 I also added a palm full of Wildtree Cajun Seasoning, mixed it all together and let it simmer until all the liquid was gone and the flavors were blended.  I found a cube of basil in the freezer and I added that also. I guess I need to get some more cilantro.
I always have a tupperware dish full of salad made in the frig. When the "taco" mix was done, I just put a couple of handfuls of salad in a dish, topped it with the "taco" mix and some low fat shredded Italian blend cheese. All Bruce has to do for lunch is add some Annie's Naturals Organic Cowgirl Ranch Dressing.

With lunch done.... on with breakfast.  Checked the frig again and found 8 eggs, turkey pepperoni and still had some of that cheese left from the "tacos".
Individual Omelets coming up!

Scramble 8 eggs with 1/2 cup water, 1 tsp sea salt and 1 tsp fresh ground pepper.

If you don't have a stick mixer.....I highly recommend one! They are one of the best things I bought. I got it as a gift for someone, couldn't remember who, so I kept it.... Everything happens for a reason :)
They work really well for smoothies also!

Next grease a cupcake tin and poured in about 1/3 cup of the scrambled eggs. Place 2 slices of Hormel Turkey Pepperoni in each and sprinkled with the shredded low fat Italian cheese.

Bake in a 350 degree oven for 10-15 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
And you end up with these cute little omelets!
And a happy healthy meal.
ENJOY!          



No comments:

Post a Comment