Monday, January 20, 2014

Home For Dinner

Bruce and I have such conflicting schedules, most of the time, so I was very excited to be able to come home and make dinner. I decided to make Tri-Pepper Turkey Burgers. (that's the fanciest name I could think of).


I started with peppers, red, green and yellow. 1/4 of each, along with 1/4  onion, all chopped small. 





1 pound of ground turkey and 1 egg.
  
Now it was time to add "a little this and a little that".  A palm full Sunny ParisFox Point Seasoning, a sprinkle of RosemaryGarlic & some smokey paprika. I like to smell seasonings. Then I can tell if they would be good for the taste I am trying to get. Weird? Yeah probably, but it works for me. Hahaha
Time to get down and dirty. Stick your hands in and start mixin'
I remembered I had some baby bella mushrooms in the frig. Mushrooms help keep turkey burgers moist. I threw a handful of them into my Ninja (which we all should have in our kitchen) chopped them and dumped them in with everything else.
Baby Bella
 
 I divided the mixture in fours and forms 4 thick burgers. Put them on a baking sheet. Put them in the oven at a temp of 400 degrees. They baked for 20-30 mins.

In the mean time I sliced a head of cauliflower, sprayed another baking sheet and put the cauliflower in the over also. Baked until it was golden brown. Then I deglazed the baking sheet with a little bit of chicken broth.

I had those left over peppers & mushrooms, so I used the peppers in a salad made up of  chopped romaine lettuce, chopped English cucumber and chopped peppers (green, red & yellow). Toss it all with Mia Famiglia's Balsamic Dressing. This dressing is to die for.  It is made fresh and  with honey as the sweetener. It is gluten free and you can find it at the restaurant or at the Winter Farmers Market. (which is a must for everyone!) I topped the salad with a small sprinkle of sunflower seeds.


  

 The mushrooms I sauteed in a hot pan with the half of onion I had left. I also deglazed that pan with a tad of chicken broth. That dark stuff on the bottom of a pan had tons of flavor.

And ...... we have dinner......... Low glycemic, quick, easy and delish!
 
Leave me comment and let me know how you liked the burgers. Enjoy!

                                    

No comments:

Post a Comment